sábado, 23 de diciembre de 2017

The third prototype of Thrylos! Godot for both good and bad.

Note: I erased the link to the game due to personal reasons.

Without any delay, I must admit that working with Godot has made things quite better. In special, animation has gained quite an improvement and it's one thousand times easier to create new elements and add them to scenes if wished... But there have been some minor problems. Blowing hot and cold, to be fair.

-In the case of Pygame, I myself created the elements and, while it was pretty annoying, at the least they worked like I considered better. However, Godot Engine includes its own collection of objects that hasn't always worked like I expected. I repeat that I hadn't any previous experience with engines thought specifically to make games.

-The former point has affected slightly the movement of boxes, that will need a new adjustment and in fact in this game they are exempt form certain situations. It also affects texts, which notoriously are only shown in a size. This happens because Godot doen't allow to change it unless you import a new one. That said, I hated the one I had to use on Pygame.

-Saving data had a strange issue, as I comented when I published Terror Story. But I have found an easy solution.

-As I have preferred to publish the present version before Christmas, there are other simplifications, such like enemies only detecting the character if it's in front of them. Other aren't notorious. After all, I had to check a number of things before making anything consistent.

Anyway, I can say the next version will be A LOT BETTER. What I have learnt will allow me to create something pretty more palatable, without a doubt. Here is ERASED, also present on the side column.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario