lunes, 30 de octubre de 2017

The Test.

Note: I erased the link to the game on 14/12/2020 due to personal reasons.

I'm no quite fond of challenges. In fact, there are few things I hate more than doing the same thing all day long. Thus, when I willingly face a challenge, I know well I won't deal with it all day long. So, I aimed to do a functional game for Halloween. Quite a simple game, to be fair.

But that wasn't my true intention. Although I'm not fond of challenges, I am fond of putting myself deadlines because I know it's the best way to make me fight for getting an objective. During my first steps with Godot, I focused on getting familiar with the physical features of Thrylos, my first game, especially because Godot distinguishes various kinds of objects and it's necessary to deepen to understand how they work... And, still, I find strange behaviours needing a review.

Whatever the scenary, I had been unattentive to feaures such as menu creation, cinematic scenes of transition between stages, loading and saving data (which implies loading and saving games), pausing the game and sounds. In general terms, I can say all of them are pretty easy in Godot, which is obvious as it's an engine thought to evade nasty complexities. So, I've already become familiar with such five important features.

But there are problems related to the system of loading and saving data, only for thw Windows version. I don't understand with a perfect grasp why is happening, but it seems that, once you've played it, data becomes "fixated" without possibility of changing it, except if you erase the game and download it again. I'll have to study what exactly happens.

About the game, it isn't spectacular at all. I've just implemented two or three silly things. In cinematic scenes, characters only speak. I've included no action to evade impredictable and too complicate behaviours. The plot shines so much as it's absent (loose translation of a famous Spanish saying).

Anyway, may it remain here and it will always support me for future deliveries. The file name is Terror Story because it was its provisional name. I have versions for Mac and Linux, too, but I don't find it ethical to distribute files that I haven't tested previously.

Stop presentations, here is the ERASED. Be fine!

P.D: The link was changed on 23th December because the former file took up a ridiculous portion of memory.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario