miércoles, 13 de septiembre de 2017

Last news about Thrylos.

Some aren't good, I fear. Others are fantastic!

I tried during summer to make some editors for my game. The problem is that I understimated the difficulty of the job. I have been able to make one for levels, but that's all. In short, it's due to the combination of having had less time to use the PC, of not refraining from thinking complicate scenarios and from having too much fun (Trails in the Sky, ahem!).

I have had this tendence of thinking in complicate situations, likely because I think that Thrylos would be great with a good level editor. However, my ambitions were too high and it's also fair to admit that I put myself a shorter deadline in the least recommendable situation.

But there are good news too. After testing it, I have decided to use Godot Engine. When I felt somewhat hesitant about if continuing with the other editors, my friend Daniel Robledo revealed me its existence. And it seems to work quite fine.

I knew about engines, but I wasn't very determined about which one to choose. However, this one is pretty recent (Godot 2 reached stability in February of last year) and the first things I found on the net were exactly the same things that had left me frustrated. Both facts made me feel inclined to give it a try.

So, it's mandatory for me to work in this until I can get a new version. For the moment, I can say the game is way better animated in Godot and I'm reaching the point that I achieved with Python. These years have taught me the basics of programming, which I can continue putting into good use. Also, Godot Engine includes 3D and it's a good moment to start. Pygame isn't really designed for 3D, so I was considering Ogre engine as an alternative.

And so, I'm back at work...

P.D: I use MacAfee and it detects, for some reason, the download page of Godot Engine as a dangerous one. You can download Godot from Steam (that's what I did), but I think it's better to give this adversiment.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario